- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- dash nutmeg (optional)
- ½ cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1½ cups soy milk
- 1½ Tbsp canola oil
- 1½ tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ones just until mixed--batter is usually thick and lumpy. If it is too thick to stir, or thickens on standing, add extra soy milk by the tablespoon.
- Pour onto waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a oven set to 200ºF while cooking remaining waffles.